In celebration of St Patrick’s Day, I took a little time this morning to learn about the Irish culture… well sort of. I’m far from an expert on Irish culture, but here are some tidbits of Ireland I came across this morning:
- I got a 50 on the National Geographic Ireland quiz…but now I know a little trivia on Ireland’s geography, folklore culture, and tourism. Take the Ireland Quiz.
- And while you’re at it, check out National Geographic’s: St. Patrick’s Day 2011: Facts, Myths, and Traditions. There are some cool facts here and links to photos and other fun things.
- Want to learn how to speak with an Irish accent? Watch this VERY informative (ok, not at all, but very random and funny) video:
- One of my favorite poets is Irish poet W.B. Yeats. I am also a huge fan of Irish author James Joyce, especially of his novel Ulysses… and while it is a very, very difficult read… I think he is a genius.
- Finally, here is some beautiful Celtic music in concert:
I know that’s only a very brief list of some things Irish…. (And since I’m not legal in America, I won’t talk about beer…). If you have any cool Irish links or facts, comment with them here! :)